- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Provide two items of identification - names must be identical
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of social security number
- Proof of residential address
- Proof that you completed a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course
- Parental consent form which must be signed in the presence of a drivers license examiner or notarized if parent or guardian will not be present. If you are under 18 and are not married, one parent or legal guardian must sign your license application. Step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted you.
You are required to take
- A Written Test covering the following areas:
- Road Rules – 20 multiple choice questions about traffic laws – must have 15 correct answers to pass.
- Road Signs - 20 multiple choice questions about road signs – must have 15 correct answers to pass.
- Vision Test using an eye machine. To pass, you must have 20/40 (or better) vision in each and both eyes, with or without corrective lenses.
- Hearing Test
With your Learner's License (regardless of your age):
- Always drive with a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and who occupies the front passenger seat;
- drive only during daylight hours during the first three months;
- drive only until 10 p.m. thereafter.